Our monthly series about what’s chic at Saks Fifth Avenue continues with some fun ideas for looking stylish. I’ve made more than one trip to the Tampa Saks store this month. (Shhh, don’t tell my husband!) But when you see what the stylish Lanie Smith Wordes puts together in the Contemporary Department, you’ll see why.
In case you missed our post last month about the Spring trends, we’re talking bright colors, florals, and stripes. We’re on the same stylish track this month with the yummy ensembles Lanie put together for us. You’ll be inspired to add some great pieces to your wardrobe!
There’s a lot to love about this outfit – the bright leather skirt, the colorful scarf, and the hint of bling on the shoes. It’s a great example of how to freshen up a traditional striped shirt by mixing it with a bold, bright color. Don’t be afraid of color. Adding bright colors to your wardrobe little by little will give you the confidence to do it in a bigger way. And don’t you just love the shoes? Jimmy Choo’s heels are always amazing – who knew his ballet flats could be as charming?
- Milly leather skirt with zipper detail ~ $385
- Theory cotton, long sleeve, striped boatneck shirt ~ $140
- DVF scarf ~ $295
- Jimmy Choo ballet flats ~ $550
- Alexis Bittar earrings ~ $195
This is a fun, day to evening look. I love the tangerine jacket with the cactus colored silk pants. Gorgeous! But what really pulls this look together is the bag. Love it! The hand painted, bright floral design highlights two of Spring’s top trends. Buying a fun bag like this is a great way to partake of a trend without a bigger commitment like a pair of floral jeans.
- Alice & Olivia tangerine leather jacket ~ $898
- Theory cactus silk, pleated pants ~ $200
- Theory cream Afta blouse ~ $170
- Royal blue Prada platform heels ~ $790
- Jan floral handbag ~ $345
This is such a pretty dress – so ladylike, yet fresh and modern. The detail on the back only adds to the beauty of this frock. I love, love, love the bright pink Kate Spade pumps. And believe me when I tell you that you could wear these shoes with many ensembles. Imagine them with a beautiful white dress at Easter, with boyfriend jeans and a fun jacket for lunch with friends, and with a fitted black dress for date night. Add the right accessories and you’re stunning!
- Alice & Olivia floral dress ~ $396
- Kate Spade licorice neon pumps ~ $295
- Kenneth Jay Lane bracelet ~ $240
Boy, oh boy, do I love these boyfriend jeans. Super cute, but worn with these understatedly elegant wedges and silk Joie top, they have a sophisticated edge. As you can see here, you can wear a great pair of jeans with a beautiful top (note the pop of color!) and some fun gold and lucite jewelry and voila, you look richly put together.
- 7 For All Mankind skinny boyfriend jeans ~ $235
- Joie hot coral, pink sand, and porcelain blouse ~ $238
- Joie Coraline tank ~ $28
- Brain Atwood tan wedges ~ $495
- Kotur gold clutch ~ $350
- Streets Ahead gold bow belt ~ $90
- Kenneth Jay Lane lucite necklace ~ $250
- Kenneth Jay Lane lucite cuff bracelet ~ $295
At Saks, they make it fun and easy to look stylish. Whether you like a few of the pieces shown here or an entire outfit, you can’t go wrong with freshening up your Spring wardrobe with some great staples from Saks. Be sure to tune in next month as we continue our Saks Fifth Avenue Style File series, because looking stylish while you’re out there Karousing is a must!